Swisstrax Installation Instructions
Step 1: PREPARATION (Optional):
- Clear the flooring surface of any removable objects and or items.
- Sweep or vacuum any excess dirt and debris off of the flooring surface.
Step 2: LOCATE YOUR STARTING POINT
- Stand in your garage and face towards your garage door. Now locate the top-left corner of your garage.*
NOTE: A minimum expansion gap of ¼’’ for Ribtrax and ½’’ for all other styles should be left at the walls and/or any other immovable objects such as cabinets, vehicle lifts, support beams, etc.
Step 3: INSTALLING YOUR FIRST TILE
- Place your first tile (Tile A) in the top left corner with the pegged “male” sides facing the left and garage door walls. Remember to leave an expansion gap between the tile and wall.
Step 4: INSTALLING THE NEXT TILE
- Work left to right, interlock Tile B with Tile A making sure that loops and pegs are facing the same direction
Step 5: COMPLETING YOUR FIRST ROW
- Continue with your first row until the Right Wall is reached.
Step 6: INSTALLING ADDITIONAL ROWS
- Return to the Left Wall and repeat steps 4-5 until the first three rows are completed.
Step 7: INSTALLING EDGES
- Following completion of the first three rows, connect the edges to the first installed row nearest to the garage door entry. Edges are only needed between the garage door rails. Refer to the “Edge Installation” portion of the Install Instructions on page 3 .
Step 8: POSITIONING YOUR EDGES
- This step begins by closing your garage door. Gently push the first 3 rows of tile with attached edges up against garage door for a precise fit.
Step 9: CONTINUING YOUR FLOOR INSTALLATION
- Resume steps 4-5 until the Back Wall is reached. Be sure to check the alignment of your floor as you progress. Cutting may be necessary along the Back Wall to complete install!
All Swisstrax® products can be cut with an electrical saw such as a circular saw, jig saw, table saw, etc. A fine toothed blade is recommended.
NOTE: When making your cuts, be sure to position your tile accordingly to ensure it interlocks with the rest of your flooring. Refer to the tool manufacturer’s safety guidelines.
In your delivery, you will find a box that contains either looped “female” edges or pegged “male” edges with adapters. If you received pegged “male” edges with adapters refer to “Clip Adapter Installation” on page 4 .
Step 1: ALIGNING THE EDGE AND TILE
- Simply lift up tile and align the loops of the edge with the pegs of the tile.
Step 2: ATTACHING THE EDGE
- With pegs and loops aligned, begin by pressing the sides of the tile into the edge, working your way to the center. This may take a little pressure and you will feel a “snap” when the tile is attached to the edge.
CLIP ADAPTER INSTALLATION
- If you are installing Ribtrax tiles then 6 clips will be needed per edge. If you have chosen a 13” tile such as Diamondtrax, Cointrax, Floortrax or Sportrax, then just 5 clips per edge is required.
Step 1: ATTACHING CLIPS
- If using Ribtrax, first identify the side of the clip that features a small circular design. After locating the circular design, attach it to your edge piece so that the design is facing upward.
- If using a 13’’ tile, first identify the side of the clip that features a small circular design along with a notch. Flip the edge piece over and insert the adapter so that the smooth side (no notch or circular design) is facing upward.
Step 2: ATTACHING THE EDGE
- With pegs and clip adapters aligned, begin by pressing the sides of the tile into the edge, working your way to the center. This may take a little pressure and you will feel a “snap” when the tile is attached to the edge.